TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Agreement: This agreement contains the entire understanding between The Melbourne Cake Company and The Client.
2. Design Consultation: The parties agree to a preliminary consultation, either in person, by telephone or by e-mail before the event date to ascertain and confirm the design details. The consultation is complimentary.
3. Quote: The Client will receive a quote for all items discussed. The quote shows costs for all goods and services. Each design is individually calculated to provide the most accurate quote based on the content and skills involved in making each design.
4. Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of £100 is to be paid to secure the event date. The deposit is applied towards the contracted order and is deducted from the final invoice.
5. Reservation: Upon receipt of the deposit, The Melbourne Cake Company will reserve the event date. The deposit is non-refundable, but is transferable if the date must be changed, subject to required date being available.
6. Hiring of Additional Items: If additional items are being hired from The Melbourne Cake Company, such as a cake stand a security deposit will be required. This is fully refundable on the safe and full return of the hired items. It is the Clients responsibility to ensure all hired items are returned to The Melbourne Cake Company within 3 working days after the hire date or are ready for collection from any agreed venue. A collection fee will apply.
7. Payment: Following the deposit, the balance is to be paid 3 weeks prior to the order date. It is The Clients responsibility to provide the final payment within the agreed time. If the balance is not received, the order will be cancelled without refund of any payments received.
8. Delivery Charges: The Melbourne Cake Company can provide delivery of most ordered items. Delivery charges vary according to mileage and distance of the delivery location.
9. Set-up Time: The Melbourne Cake Company requires at least one hour for setting up all ordered items. This ensures that there is an appropriate amount of time to arrange the display before guests arrive.
10. Completion Schedule: All ordered items will be delivered at the date and time agreed.
11. Method of Payment: Payment may be made by bank transfer, cheque or cash.
12. Cancellation: The Melbourne Cake Company offers a bespoke service and is therefore limited in how many bookings are taken for any given week. If the Client cancels the order within 3 months of the wedding date it is unlikely that the cancelled space will be filled and therefore the following cancellation charges will apply. Cancellations MUST be in writing.
Cancellations within 1 month or less – 100% of Full Cake Cost
2 months or less – 60% of Full Cake Cost
15. Limit of Liability: In the very unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to acquire an alternative Cake Designer. The Melbourne Cake Company will make every effort to secure a replacement cake designer able and/or willing to provide similar products and services as chosen in this contract at the same/similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event.
16. Delivery: Although every possible care will be taken with the delivery and set up of the cake, once delivered the cake becomes the responsibility of The Client. The Melbourne Cake Company cannot be held responsible for any destruction of said cake or products once they are in the care of The Client/Venue. Once delivered an set up photographic evidence is always obtained as proof of delivery and condition of cake.
17. Price promise: The price quoted at the time of booking is the final cost and it will not be increased even if my cake prices change after you order has been confirmed.
18. Refunds: Refunds are given only in exceptional circumstances as deemed appropriate by The Melbourne Cake Company.
19. Allergies: The Melbourne Cake Company shall not be held responsible for nut allergies for The Client or their parties. Cakes can be made without any nuts BUT ALL cakes COULD contain traces of nut as nuts are used in the kitchen. It is the responsibility of The Client to inform their guests that traces of nut COULD be present in the cake. Any specific dietary requirements should be discussed at the consultation.
* YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UPON PAYMENT OF BOOKING FEE.